Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Thursday, August 16, 2007

We're Home!!!

After a long day of traveling, we finally made it home last night. Cohen did better than we even expected on the planes. We sat next to a little girl and a baby boy and Cohen smiled and flirted most of the flight. I thought he was going to go to sleep as he took his bottle during take-off, but the minute the flight attendant made an announcement, his head popped up and he started searching for where the strange voice was coming from.

A big thank-you to my cousin Mary Beth... She took over 80 pictures for us at the airport and sent them to me this morning.

How excited were we when we landed in Louisville! Even though our flight was delayed and it was so late, we had the best homecoming! Our neices Katelyn and Taylor made a huge banner for Cohen and were there even though they had to get up early today for school. Little Jordan, who is three, made it to the airport, but after waiting and waiting finally fell asleep on the floor! (I am going to have to post a picture of her!)

When we pulled in our driveway, we were greeted by balloons and a huge sign on our porch made by our neighbor Dawn. She has been wonderful to keep an eye on our house while we were gone. Cohen went to sleep about 2:30 and slept perfectly in his new crib... Let's hope it's that easy every night, huh?







20 comments:

Hollie said...

I am so glad you put these pics on here! I wanted to be there so bad. I'm glad you all made it home safe and that Cohen did good on the flight. Hope to see you soon! I can't wait to get my hands on that cute-cute boy!

Gail said...

WELCOME HOME!!! I hope you have a super day and that Cohen does sleep well again tonight.
Gail

Lisa and Madeline said...

Great pictures.I was so glad I could be there last night to see those adorable cheeks of Cohen's. He is an amazing boy! His pictures you have posted on here these fit him to a "T". He is such a happy boy and his smile melts my heart. Being a little tired today was so worth it. I hope you enjoyed the muffins.

WELCOME HOME WHEELERS!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Glad you made it home!!! I have tears in my eyes looking at the pictures!!!

Kloeppels said...

We are so glad that you arrived home safely! We can't wait to meet baby Cohen! What a special day!

Alleen said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LouLou said...

Welcome home, you guys!!! Cohen is such a doll in that soccer uniform! Doesn't it feel wonderful to be in your own house????

Andrea said...

SO CUTE! I love Cohen in his little Guatemala soccer jersey. He's just adorable.

Welcome home!!

Courtney said...

Great pictures. Welcome home. Cohen is so handsome. Good luck. Courtney

Kim said...

Welcome to Kentucky, Cohen!!! (I was going to come - really - but I just couldn't stay up!!)

Our Crazy Life said...

That looks like a great homecoming! Brought tears to my eyes. Glad you guys made it home safely. Welcome home, Cohen!!

Sarah said...

Welcome home Robby, Lori & Cohen! Can't wait to meet your little guy in person!!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Welcome home, Wheeler family! I'm so glad you are all home safe and sound. Kevin, Caroline, and I are so very happy for you!

Robyn said...

Congratulations and welcome home!! Cohen is absolutely adorable!!

Robyn

The Carrs said...

It looks like you had lots of people to greet you all. How fun! We cannot wait to meet Cohen in person soon.

Unknown said...

Yay! I am so thrilled for you guys! It only gets better and better from here! He is such an adorable little guy! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

We are so happy to see you home baby Cohen! We miss you here in Guatemala, but I couldn't help but tear up when I saw the pictures of your family and friends waiting for you at the airport! What an amazing day I know you will never forget. I can't wait to hear all about your trip, and am just so happy you can finally relax as a family at home after this long journey. Congratulations!
Love,
Megan and Isa

Nick and Dawn Meacham said...

SO happy you made it home safe and sound! Can't wait to see you!

Love you all!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations Wheelers! You've been in our prayers over the past months and we are so joyful you are home, together.

Sarah et. al.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori! It was great meeting you all this past Saturday at the wedding. We'll have to get together and let our two little ones play sometime. Thanks for giving us your blog site. Lori T