Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Happy 10 Months!




I can hardly believe that Cohen is 10 months old today. He is at such a fun age and learns a new trick every day. He will do something that makes me laugh and then repeat it over and over when he likes the reaction he gets. I just love it when he looks at me, turns his head, and smiles. It is just the sweetest thing in the world!

Cohen has been such a trooper the past two days. Yesterday we took him to the hospital for some bloodwork to make sure he received all the necessary immunizations in Guatemala. Then his pediatrician called this morning wanting him to go to another hospital for a chest x-ray today. I knew that because the TB vaccine in Guatemala is different than the one we use in the US that Cohen would more than likely test positive when given the TB skin test, but I was still a little overwhelmed with the thought of chest x-rays and loads of antibiotics for my baby! Any other Guatemama's have tips for how you handled a positive TB test? I really don't want Cohen to have to take antibiotics for the next 9 months!

And, on a completely different topic, last Friday Robby took a trip he has been dreaming about for years -- he finally made it to Colorado. He and some friends he mountain bikes with had planned this trip months ago and when they set the date we thought Cohen would be home and all settled when he left. Instead, he left a little over a week after we got back from Guatemala. It was a little crazy, but Cohen and I survived. We were just so happy to see Robby... especially when he called from Colorado to tell me that Dave let him fly the plane a little!





5 comments:

Our Crazy Life said...

Yea, Cohen on 10 months! Sorry about the positive test, I'm sure that is aggravating. So glad you are getting settled at home.

Karen D. said...

Lori,
I am very interested in the blood test that you are referring to because Abbie's doctor said that it wasn't possible to check the titers and wanted her to redo all the vacs. Please e-mail me at:
kedurrett@nc.rr.com, if you get a spare minute. I was against redoing all the vacs but the doctor was fairly persistent!

Thanks a bunch!
Karen

Anonymous said...

Lori, Where did you get Cohen's doorway swing? We have been looking for one of those! Happy 10 months Cohen! Lori

katelyn_eliz_uhl said...

Hey guys how is it going?? See you soon!!! I love you guys!!
P.S. E-mail me soon!!!!!

Love,
Katelyn

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Happy 10 months, Cohen! Sorry for all the medical stuff. It's so hard when our babies have to go through those things!