Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Monday, June 04, 2007

Sweet Dreams



There's nothing better than new pictures of our little man! We also received a medical update today... Cohen is up to 19.8 pounds! When I looked at these pictures, my first thought of course was how gorgeous he is. I mean, look at that sweet face! Then I noticed what his foster mother had dressed him in -- a little blue outfit we brought for him. She even tucked the quilt his Nana made for him behind his head. Cohen's foster mother is so loving and thoughtful. My heart breaks for her when I think about the day that she has to say good-bye to Cohen. Of course we will stay in touch with her and send her pictures, but this is a baby that she loves and has taken care of since he was born. I have started writing her a letter... but how do you truly thank a person who has done so much for your family?

I have also started writing a letter to Cohen's birthmother. This letter is even harder to write! I want her to know how much we love Cohen and how our family and friends can't wait to finally meet him. I just can't put into words what I feel in my heart. I look forward to meeting her, hugging her, and writing down things she wants us to tell Cohen as he gets older.

Just look at our little guy... I think he is dreaming of his Mommy and Daddy. Cohen, we are praying that you get out of PGN very soon so you can be home where you belong!

18 comments:

Kim said...

So cute!!! I can't wait until you are holding him forever!!!

Bekah said...

That outfit is precious and that is so sweet of the foster mom to put that quilt in the picture behind his head. I might be a little slow and sorry if you posted about this already but are you going to get to meet Cohen's birthmother while you are there? That would be so amazing to be able to tell Cohen things that his birthmom wanted him to know as he gets older.

Andrea said...

He's SO cute. I love sleeping babies. I know what you mean about the foster mom. Ours has had K. since he was 1 day old. It's going to be heartbreaking to her, there is no way around it. She tells us (via video) that she knows we will love him, and actually THANKS US for loving him. Ha! As if she hasn't loved him with everything in her heart. Amazing women!

Can't wait to see more pictures!!

Kerry said...

He's precious!

Natalie said...

Oh my heavens Lori...he's absolutely gorgeous. Look at that beautiful face! That was so sweet and thoughtful of his foster mother to dress him in the outfit and put the special quilt behind his head.

Hollie said...

He looks so precious! That outfit is so cute! I think the letters are a good idea. And I'm sure Cohen would love to hear stuff when he gets older.

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

He is so, so sweet! How nice of your foster mother to remember the outfit and quilt! Writing the letters must be hard. I know God will give you the right words to say to his foster and birth mothers.

LouLou said...

Look at sweet Cohen! He is absolutely beautiful! We are all praying that he is out of PGN soon. It won't be long now until you're there with him. I PRAY we get to meet!

Lori said...

He's so precious!!

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

He is just darling!! What a gift!!

-April

Lisa and Madeline said...

The picture is priceless! He is a beautiful baby, say that all you like, its no lie.

The foster mother that has Cohen seems wonderful. What an amazing thing to do...take care of a baby and then see him leave. She does an amazing thing for adoptive parents like you both and it says a lot that she would put him in an outfit and put the balnket in the picture to let you know, "I'm here mommy and waiting for you"

I pray for everyone involved in Cohens life and can't wait to see him home.

Lori and Robby said...

To answer Bekah's question: Yes! We are going to be able to meet Cohen's birthmother! I must admit I was a little hesitant about this at first, but now I feel like this is such a great opportunity for all of us. I know that Cohen will treasure all the information we can give him about his birthmother when he is older. And I want to show her how much I appreciate her courage and her love for Cohen.

Gail said...

Those are the sweetest pictures! It is difficult when we think about those who love our children in Guatemala.
Gail

Crystal said...

OOOH LOri--he is so so so adorable!!!!!!! I love that precious outfit!!!--And the foster mother putting the quilt on his head --she is so so so so sweet!!!!

When we went to pick up Sophie---seeing our foster mother give her to us was heartbreaking. I was crying pretty hard. It was so evident how much she loved her. I don't know how they do it--all of the foster mothers are heros to me!!!

Jodie said...

he's beautiful!!

Sharon said...

Lori - He's so adorable! It looks like we're at about the same spot in our journey. We entered PGN on 4/19 and AnnaMaria was born on 10/20/06.

Thanks for the post on my blog. As for church, the Christian church we hope to attend soon is called Vida Y Fe; from what I understand it is both English and Spanish speaking.

Sharon
www.babyannamaria.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Lori:

Cohen is so beautiful!! What a wonderful opportunity to meet his birthmother while you are there!

I look forward to meeting you Friday at Holly's house!!

Sarah and Sophie~Bug
http://kissthefrog4me.blogspot.com

Lisa and Madeline said...

Just checking in on you. I know your departure date is fast approaching. I will see you tonight at Bunco.