Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Busy, Exciting Times... And a Really Long Post!

It has been busy and exciting around here. On Saturday, Robby's family held a shower for Cohen. It was so much fun and Cohen got so many adorable things!


This basket was too cute filled with my favorite Eric Carle books. I will definitely have to remember that idea for future baby showers.


Robby's sister Melissa made the sweetest shower favors -- candles with a note attached that said:
"Here's a candle for you to light
Once Cohen has made his homeward flight
And with the flicker of the flame
Please say a prayer in this family's name."



Cohen's room is also almost ready for him! My mom finished the quilt, curtains, dust ruffle, and even made the sweetest little wallhanging:


We've got his car seat and stroller...just have to get Cohen home!! I keep praying that we will get the call soon so Robby can head to Guatemala too.




It's hard to believe in less than one week (six days to be exact!) Cohen will be in my arms. I am so thankful that I have this opportunity to be with Cohen in his birth country. I am looking forward to so many things -- watching him try new foods for the first time, teaching him patty-cake, kissing those chubby cheeks. I won't be taking a laptop with me, but I have found a few internet cafes in Antigua so I will be stopping in frequently to check email and post pictures of our little cutie.

I also feel like this extended stay in Guatemala is a great opportunity for me to make a small difference in the country. A friend of mine told me about Semillas de Amor (Seeds of Love) which is a children's home outside of Antigua. I have contacted the director and we will be bringing a few supplies for them. The problem is that our suitcases are full! I am hoping that with the help of our church, family, and friends we can really make a positive difference for the children at Semillas de Amor.

My mom is going to be working with the older children -- helping them make a quilt of their very own. I know that is going to be something they will cherish. I am not sure exactly how I am going to help. Maybe loving on the kids and making their needs known to others who can help will be my role. I will be posting more about this children's home once we visit.

Thank you all for keeping Cohen and our family in your prayers. We continue to pray daily for all the babies in Guatemala who are waiting to come home!

11 comments:

Jodie said...

It looks like you got a lot of great stuff! I love the idea of the candles...I may have to "borrow" it when my family throws my shower ;) 6 days!! that is great! Enjoy it!

Hunter said...

hard to believe you are leaving in 6 days! kiss those chubby cheeks for me!! hope you get the call for robby to join you soon!!

lots of hugs, love and prayers,
hunter and terry

Bekah said...

Oh it looks like such a wonderful shower! So many sweet things! I can't believe you are leaving so soon! Ahhhh! I can't imagine how excited you must be. That Seeds of Love sounds awesome...can't wait to hear more about it!

Julie said...

So much fun!
Love all of those gifts!
Your little guy is a DOLL!
Best wishes for a safe and speedy trip there and home again~
Julie

candy said...

at a time where you have every right to be selfish and spend every second with that cute little boy, of course your heart would lead you to help wherever you can. you are just amazing. and 6 days!!! woohoo! hope you have a safe and wonderful trip and that robby gets to join you soon! cohen is too precious.

Natalie said...

Holy cow...six days!!! Lori, I am so excited for you. This is going to be a wonderful experience. And to work with the precious children in the home...just amazing!

Natalie said...

Oh...if there is ANY way possible I could take down some things for the children's home...please let me know!

Our Crazy Life said...

I'm so excited for you! Travel safely...can't wait to see pics of you and Cohen together.

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Look at all your cool stuff! I can only imagine how excited you are! I'm excited for you! You are going to have an incredible time getting to know your sweet boy. I can't wait to hear all about it! We'll be praying...

Hollie said...

I am so excited for you! Only 6 more days and you will have your precious boy with you. I love the wall hanging your mom made. Very cute. Can't wait to see pics when you get there!

Alleen said...

That candle made me cry!! How sweet!

Start counting sleeps!!