Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Let's Start Packing!

I am almost afraid to say we have an apartment, but I really think we do this time! Someone who had fostered recently in Antigua gave me the name of a very nice lady she rented an apartment from. She was very helpful and we think we found the right place for us -- an affordable, 2 bedroom apartment (with laundry) near the park. Yea! So, I booked the airfare and let myself get excited about the trip. It's starting to feel real... in two weeks from tomorrow I will be holding Cohen!!!

So it's time to start packing! I have been mentally packing for a while now, but this weekend I actually started putting things in suitcases. And boy did my suitcases fill up fast! Cohen's suitcase was stuffed first and now mine is half-full of things he will need as well. Can you picture me walking (gracefully, I'm sure) through the airport -- two suitcases, a carry-on, a diaperbag, a stroller, and no baby. I might as well face it, I am going to get some strange looks!

I know so many of you have been praying for our family from the beginning. We appreciate it so much and have seen how God has answered our prayers again and again. We continue to pray that Cohen's case will move quickly through PGN without any kick-outs so that Robby can join us in Guatemala soon!


I am so thankful for my boys!!!

12 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Do you need anything? I stil have all of Alex's baby type stuff that I'd be more than happy to give you. (if you have room for any of it!!!)

Bekah said...

Hooray!!! I am so excited for you...two weeks!!!! So glad you found an apartment!

LouLou said...

Hey! I know how excited you are!!! I can't believe that I will have AP in ONE WEEK! I will be praying that Cohen gets out quickly!!

Crystal said...

oooh Lori--I am so so so so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it?!! Okay now for the big question are you going to be taking your laptop and posting?! Please?!!! :O)

I am praying Cohen gets out soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hugs to you Lori!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness...I am so excited that you found a place to stay! Only two weeks...wow! I'll be praying for a quick OUT for Cohen.

Hollie said...

This is great news!! I am so excited for you. Still praying that everything else goes quickly. Give that sweet boy a kiss for me when you see him :)

Lisa and Madeline said...

I am so releaved that you found a place with a nice landlord. I didnt want to think you were down there with the power going off! I am so happy that you are able to go and be with him.

As you walk through that airport with all the stuff for Cohen, just think of it from that point as way life will be from now on, a stroller, diaper bag, etc... what an awesome feeling that is!

The Carrs said...

Yay for your apartment!! Wishing you a safe trip.

Our Crazy Life said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you! Be safe on your journey.

Amy said...

Congratulations, a friend of mine and I both have children from Guat. I have two she has one and we are going to be in Antigua the 21st-24th shopping and documenting the country without our children. It should be fun. Have fun fostering Cohen and I hope you have him home soon, he's so handsome.

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

WOW! 2 weeks! That is so exciting! I hope your journey and stay is safe and happy. Still praying...

Alleen said...

That's exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only 2 more weeks - yahhhooooooo