Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Sunday, May 13, 2007

You all are not even going to believe this...

OK, so first off you should know that I did not wait until Mother's Day to open the mystery envelope. I waited a little over 24 hours and just couldn't stand it. As soon as we finished eating supper on Thursday night I ripped into the envelope. And this is what we found...


Along with the note from Cohen, we found cash... enough cash for another trip to visit Cohen! As you can imagine, I immediately burst into tears. Robby was speechless -- for like 30 mintues! We are still praying that we do the right thing with this money. Of course our initial reaction was to jump on the first plane to Guatemala and hold our son. But after thinking about it, we realized that there is a very good chance that our case will be kicked out of PGN at least once and it would be very difficult for us to redo documents if we were both in Guatemala. So our plan is for me to go down around June 11th and Robby will join us as soon as we hear we are out of PGN.

We can't help but wonder who sent us this money... At the bottom of the note, it read: "With a little assistance from some of God's anonymous helpers." I hope that the sender of that envelope is reading this post. I want you to know what an answer to our prayers you are! As I looked back in my prayer journal, I found this from May 2nd: "God, I have to think realistically... June may come and go without Cohen coming home. If this is your will, please make a way for me to stay with Cohen in GC." On May 9th our answer to prayer arrived in the mail. Wow! Thank you, God for working through others and making your hand in Cohen's adoption so evident.

Now let me brag on my husband a little bit...Robby made me breakfast in bed this morning! Usually I am the queen of the snooze button -- drives him crazy. This morning, however, I couldn't help but think of all the things I needed to do before church -- clean up the house a little, wrap a Mother's Day gift, decide what to wear. Robby's plan was to get up the first time the alarm went off and make my breakfast. He was shocked when I hopped out of bed so quickly. I had already taken my shower and gotten dressed by the time breakfast was ready, but I happily hopped back in bed and enjoyed being pampered! Am I lucky or what!

16 comments:

Kim said...

How SOOO totally cool is that!!! (and I'm glad you didn't wait until Sunday - I was going to think that you were crazy!!)

I'm so excited for you. It won't be long before you will have Cohen in your arms again. I pray that the trip is sooner than you expected!!! :)

Alleen said...

Wow!!!!!!! That's awesome!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That was an awesome gift!!!

Natalie said...

I have tears in my eyes. What an amazing gift and answer to your prayers...wow! I am SO happy that you get to go down June 11!!! I sure hope to see you there:)

Our Crazy Life said...

What a wonderful gift! You guys have a lot of people who love you very much.

Bekah said...

That is amazing!!! Praise the Lord for generous, selfless people who love to bless others. Such an amazing Mother's Day gift.

The Carrs said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day gift that is. You all have some special people in your lives for sure. Have a wonderful trip.

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

What a fantastic answer to your prayers! God is working so wonderfully in your life and really has his hand on you 3 during these tough times. I hope the time between now and your visit goes by quickly! Happy Mother's Day!

Hollie said...

That is wonderful!! I couldn't have waited either! I am so glad that you are going to see him soon. Less than a month away now!

Lisa and Madeline said...

WOW, I have tears in my eyes. I am so happy for you both and I know you are already counting down the day until June 11th. You have a wonderful husband. Maybe someday I will find someone as good as him:)

I pray you will never get kicked out of PGN and it will be smooth sailing. Happy Mothers day. I will see you on Wednesday at Bunco.

Katie said...

That is Great !! How exciting !! I will send you a email about fostering :)

Karen D. said...

That is SOOOO amazing! I will be praying that you get good news soon!!!

Andrea said...

Wow! That's an amazing gift. So blessed. I know if the money was provided, you'll have good reason to use it. That's the way God works!

Happy Mother's Day!!

candy said...

This just proves what amazing people you are that God has placed amazing people in your lives to work through. WOW!!! I am so excited for you both and praying you get out of PGN soon!

Tricia said...

Fabulous!
Fabulous!
Fabulous!
Fabulous!

Praying Cohen HOME!

Kerry said...

That is incredible! God bless whoever did this. You have made a dream come true. I can say that because I know where this family is and there is nothing in the WORLD that could be better than this.

God bless you!