Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Here's what is going on...

We've had a busy week looking for apartments in Antigua. (Antigua is just about 45 minutes outside of the city. It is where most people choose to foster their babies as they wait for their adoptions to be finalized.) After realizing all the things we need to do before going to Guatemala, we pushed the travel date back one week to June 18th. My mom and I will go then and Robby will come down as soon as we find out we are out of PGN.

After PGN approval, we will still have to wait on Cohen's new birth certificate, visa, and passport before bringing him home. The US Embassy will issue us a pink slip (which is commonly referred to as PINK) giving us our Embassy appointment. We will be coming home a day or so after our Embassy appointment.

As far as searching for apartments goes, I have had some great help. My friend Holly who lives nearby and fostered her daughter several years ago has given me some great advice. I have also emailed a few moms who have stayed in Antigua and one who is there right now. I think we found the perfect place to stay, but it is not confirmed since our contact person was out of the office Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I hope to have confirmed reservations tomorrow morning - YEA!

Now for the highlight of this post -- a few clips of Cohen from our visit trip.

10 comments:

Bekah said...

I am so so excited for you!!! To have a date to look forward to is so awesome and I'm sure gives you great hope that the end is in sight. I will continue to pray you are out of PGN soon!

Karen D. said...

Congratulations, Lori!
I am so excited for you that you get to go down and foster!!!
I loved the video!
I am hoping to go down towards the end of June and wait it out! Maybe this will be the week......!

I am praying for you guys!
Karen

kathy Martin said...

I have been following your blog for a while. Little Cohen is just precious! His responses to you are true mommies love! We too are waitin to get out of PGN (way too long). I wish you Gos speed on your exit. And safe travels!
Many blessingst to you and your family
Kathy
Waiting on Greyson
http://web.mac.com/kfm7741

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

That is incredibly exciting! I'm so happy for you!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

That is great news!!! I will pray that you get OUT soon and bring that adorable baby boy home forever.

Natalie said...

Precious video!

Oh Lori, I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear more about your fostering plans!

Kerry said...

It always feels more real with confirmed dates and plans, doesn't it? It won't be long and you'll be an Antigua resident!

Hollie said...

Sounds great! I am so glad you get to go down. Not much longer and you will get to be with that sweet baby! Congrats!

Kim said...

I'm so excited for you!! If you have time, we should get together before you leave. :)

Lisa and Madeline said...

I just got home from vacation and had to catch up from all of your posts. This montage is so cute and it makes me want to just jump through the screen and grab him.