Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Saturday, July 21, 2007

We Moved...


We've had a crazy few days. Things are still up in the air with Robby... Still waiting to hear what his boss says about him working from Guatemala. If I do need to be here by myself for a little while, I want to be near other fostering moms. One of the moms we know told me on Friday that she was moving to an apartment where there were other adoptive families. She said there was an available apartment right across the hall from the one she was moving to and she used the same realtor as us. So I called our realtor and told her we were interested in looking at the apartment. She took us out that evening, we really liked it, and moved the next morning!

I wish I had a picture of moving day... The crib we are using does not fold up, so we were not sure exactly how we were going to get it across town. Our realtor was helping us move using her small car and there was no way it was going to fit. She suggested we just put it on top of her car. They threw a few towels on top of the car, put the crib on top, and off they went. There were no ropes to secure the crib, so Robby just leaned out of the window and held it in place! Just another reason why I love Antigua -- no one thought this was strange at all.

So we are now settled in our new place. It is much smaller than our first apartment, but so nice being near other families. One of our new neighbors has a little boy named Jake who is a few days younger than Cohen. We laugh because they are both very big by Guatemalan standards. This mom said that the locals think her son is two years old! We think Cohen and Jake are going to have lots of fun together. They came over for a little bit this afternoon. Jake jumped and jumped (with his mom helping) and Cohen tried to imitate him. It was precious! I will definitely have to get some pictures of the two of them together.

5 comments:

The Davis Family said...

It seems there is never a dull moment for you guys. We are praying that all the details get worked out and that you all are home soon. I love the new pic. Not only do you look like the perfect family the view is beautiful.

Alleen said...

It will really help to be near other families I'm sure.

I hope he gets good news on the job.

Andrea said...

Glad to hear that you'll be closer to other families. Although I do hope your stay is SHORT :) We need to get that cute baby home!!

I hope you guys hear something soon!

Our Crazy Life said...

I so wish there had been pics of that!!

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

What an adventure! So glad you will be close to other families! That's important!