Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Monday, July 16, 2007

Semillas de Amor






The kids at Semillas de Amor are still loving their quilting classes. They applaud when they hear that my mom is coming. Some of the kids have now finished their quilts! While we don't know about all the children at Semillas, we do know that Bryan will be going home to North Carolina soon! (He's the cutie with the sunglasses.)

There are several other orphanages in Guatemala with much greater needs than Semillas de Amor. Robby and I have been in contact with another orphanage just outside of Guatemala City. We hope to meet with them the next time we are in the city (probably when Cohen gets his passport picture taken) to discuss a mission trip for our church in the future. Of course if some of you are reading this blog and do not attend our church, but would like to be involved with the mission trip, just let us know. It is exciting to think about what God may have planned for our next trip to Guatemala!

7 comments:

Michelle Melhorn said...

I've been reading your blog for quite a while now, and I just had to pass along all of the blessings and prayers from NECC. So many volunteers have asked me about you guys, "So when are they coming home with baby Cohen?" and I have directed several of them to your blog. It's so great...touching and heart warming and you've made it such an intimate way to walk with you through your journey. Please consider us when thinking about families who are willing to help in any kind of future mission trip. While I don't know if our whole family would accompany you on the trip, we certainly would help in any way we can. God bless you and please remember that we miss you and are praying for you!

Bekah said...

Those quilts are awesome. Your mom is doing a very special thing. They will treasure the time she has invested in them and the quilts forever. Our family would also be interested in future mission trips.

Natalie said...

Lori! Things have been crazy this past week, but I want you to know that I've been thinking of you guys. It sure looks like you're experiencing a little more of the true Guatemala than we did!!!! ;) It sounds like your trip has just been amazing! I'm so happy for you!

Lisa and Madeline said...

I think it is such a blessing that you get to spend the time in Guatemala that you have. The quilts are amazing and I know that those children will remember your mother (and you) forever! What a great mission you have provided while being there. Your joureny to get Cohen has changed me this year in many ways and I am so glad to share in the experience with you. Of course I have been keeping my fingers crossed you would be home by the next Bunco so I could see that precious Cohen. Have a wonderful day. I hope some news comes soon for the "pink"

The Davis Family said...

Lori, Tell your mom that I want to make my own quilt... they are so cute and the kids look so happy holding them. I am so glad the you guys get to spend this time in Guatemala but I am selfish and am ready to have you home. If it is not soon then I am packing my bags and coming to see you. Heck, if we could I would be there right now.

Julie M. said...

Lori & Robby,
I love checking your blog every night. However, I wish I didn't have to because I wish you were all here at home. For selfish reasons, also, I am sad that you will miss Matt's wedding a week from Saturday. We understand though the importance of your absence and just hope you, Robby, Cohen, and Patti will be here asap and we all get to see you face-to-face. Godspeed.

The Carrs said...

Those kids are so adorable with their quilts. How great that you all are able to bring smiles to their faces!!