Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

One Year Ago Today...


One year ago today I was arriving in Guatemala to stay with Cohen until we could bring him home. My mom and I flew down and we were both so nervous not knowing exactly what to expect. It was amazing how everything fell into place. Our driver picked us up at the airport and took us immediately to our attorney's office to meet Cohen and his foster mom. Our attorney surprised us with the news that our case was out of PGN and Cohen would soon be going home with us forever. And although there were many stressful moments in Guatemala, I look back at that time and treasure the time we spent there.

Cohen has changed so much (and so quickly!) this past year. He amazes us daily with how smart he is and makes us laugh with his entertaining little personality. And he is embracing his new role as big brother. One morning he was sitting next to me as I was feeding Leah. I looked down and he was holding her little hand. He is so concerned about her -- whenever she cries he either pats her, brings her a pacifier, or holds his hands out like he wants to hold her.


10 comments:

Sarah said...

Awwww... what wonderful memories of one year ago and what great new memories you are making with your two beautiful babies!

Anonymous said...

Cohen has gotten so handsome!

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Beautiful children...

Anonymous said...

Cohen looks like he is doing great at being a big brother, and Leah looks like she is getting big and still cute as ever. You two kiddos are so precious!! Hope you guys are doing good!! Stay Blessed!!

Hadassah said...

Wow! What a cute little guy. He is going to be a big helper for his cute little sister. Blessings to you all!

Hadassah said...

in case you didn't realize it, hadassah is me, amy. it's an old account that we need to change my profile on. we'll see you guys soon! we leave qatar on july 2nd!

Lisa and Madeline said...

Cohen is too cute. I love how he puts out his hands to hold Leah.

It's amazing how fast a year goes. I remember this time last year like it was last week.

I miss you and think about you often. I hope to see you again soon.
Lisa

Hunter said...

can't believe it's been a year! my how time flies and how little ones change! am glad to know everyone is adjusting to the newest addition. they are both so precious!

love ya!

The Carrs said...

What a sweet big brother he is!

Jessica said...

Lori:
I, at the suggestion of Haley Hudson, checked out facebook this week. I posted, and am getting caught up with Sarah Mattingly. She told me about your two children, and I wanted to get in contact with you.
John and I adopted our oldest son from Guatemala in April of 2006. He is GREAT!!! I would LOVE to share stories, and hear all about your family. My e-mail is jpeveland@yahoo.com.
Hope to hear from you!
Jessica Lewter Eveland