Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

One Year Ago...

One year ago today we met Cohen for the very first time. What an experience that was! I remember feeling such excitement and nervousness as we landed in Guatemala. Robby and I got settled in our hotel room, changed clothes, and decided to go on to the lobby of the hotel to wait for Cohen and his foster mom. When we walked into the lobby -- there was Cohen! His foster mom didn't speak English and the interpretter hadn't arrived yet, but we managed to communicate and she let me give Cohen a bottle. All of our fears and worries disappeared those first few minutes and we knew Cohen was meant to be our son. Such a magical day that we will never forget!



Then...

Now...





Edited to add: Robby just gave me my last shot! I am now 28 weeks and won't have to have them any more. (Had to post this picture for my dad who hurts just a little bit when I mention getting a shot in the stomach.)

12 comments:

Hunter said...

can you believe it's been a year?? it's hard to believe that we all just were in gc meeting our little ones this time last year! can't believe how much they have all changed....we need a mini reunion!! love cohen's pix in the soccer uniform..hope taylor's will still fit him!!

love you guys!!
hunter, terry and taylor

Sarah said...

Congratulations on that last SHOT - OUCH!!

And bigger congratulations on that one year mark - wow! Time flies when you are enjoying your precious baby boy!! Cohen is too adorable! Love him in the suitcase!

Hollie said...

Wow!! A whole year already! Time is really flying. Cohen looks so big and grown up sitting in the chair in his soccer uniform!

So glad you are done with those shots! Yea!!

Krystal said...

What a special day! I love Cohen in that little soccer uniform - how adorable :)

Congrats on 28 weeks. . . won't be long now!

Lisa and Madeline said...

WOW, how fast a year goes. It just seems like yesterday I was viewing that video. It brings back memories of my favorite first pics of him, the naked one with the cute little face and the bald head, and the one in that orange outfit with the matching hat. SO CUTE.

Congrats on completing those shots. WOW, how big that looks in the picture. Great job Robby for giving them and great job Lori for taking them. You both are so blessed and I am happy for your family.

Alleen said...

He is simply gorgeous!!!!!!

Man, shots in the belly sure bring back memories of IVF junk. ugh..... But, after one time of DH giving me one, I preferred doing it myself! I know you're glad that's over and the bruises can now heal. congrats on that milestone!

Becca said...

Cohen is really growing up into a handsome young boy! And congrats on 28 weeks! No more shots - yeah!

Call or email me if you'd like directions to my house for the trunk show. And if you do come you have to bring Cohen!

becca.as@hotmail.com

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Sharon said...

I stumbled onto your blog today while reading from one blog to the next and now I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face.

We were in Antigua at the same time last summer, met in the square and at church. I am thrilled to re-connent and so excited that you are pregnant! God is SO good.

Happy Easter!!!!

katelyn said...

he is getting a lot BIGGER!


I love you guys!!

Love, Katelyn

katelyn said...

I am so happy that was your last shot!!!!!


Love Katelyn

katelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

Hi!!! Sharon emailed me your blog address. We too met you in Antigua back in July at church and Central Parque. I was there visiting our son Joshua with my mother and 2 daughters for 3 wks.

Man, your little Cohen is such a CUTIE!!! I have really enjoyed getting to know your family again through this blog. I didn't know you visited orphanages while you were there. What a blessing that was to you then and now.

I will add your family and soon to be new addition baby girl to my prayers.

God Bless,
Kelly