Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Saturday, January 19, 2008


Cohen is loving the slide that Santa brought him! He hasn't quite mastered getting his feet around to sit down and slide, but that doesn't stop him from going down on his own.

I am dreading February the 6th -- Cohen is going to be having outpatient surgery in Cincinnati. We took him to a pediatric urologist several months ago to discuss a very minor condition his pediatrician and the Embassy doctor discussed with us in Guatemala. The urologist here in town seemed to think it was more serious than we originally thought and suggested two surgeries. We decided to get a second opinion in Cincinnati and felt much more comfortable with the urologist there. So please keep us in your prayers on the 6th!

In other baby news, things with my pregnancy seem to be going well. This baby is a very active little thing and it is so reassuring to feel the baby moving and kicking. This Thursday I will be twenty weeks along and we are going in for another ultrasound -- hopefully finding out if it is a boy or a girl. Our niece Elizabeth has said from the beginning (even before she knew I was pregnant) that I have a baby girl in my belly. How crazy would it be if she was right! Our friend Greg is convinced I am having a boy because I am craving steak like crazy. Check back again soon and see if we have news...

6 comments:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Sliding is so much fun! If we were closer, Caroline and Cohen could practice together! I'm so glad things are going well with your pregnancy. Can't wait to find out if it's a little sister or brother!

I'm so sorry about Cohen's surgery. I will be praying for all aspects of that. Kevin says the hospital there in Cincinnati is fantastic (and it's probably his top pick for a fellowship position). I know you'll be taken care of there.

Kim said...

I'm glad you are doing well - and that the pregnancy is coming along!! I'll be praying for Cohen!! I'm sure it won't be easy, but I'm sure he will be ok.

Hunter said...

we will keep cohen and you all in our prayers. keep us posted on your other little one! can't wait to see if cohen will have a baby brother or sister!!

love ya!

Bekah said...

okay I am way behind on so many blogs! you're expecting! that's awesome. halfway there! congratulations and blessings to you and your growing family!!!

Becca said...

Cohen looks so big!

And I am glad to hear that everything is going well - I look forward to finding out if you're going to have a boy or a girl!

I will certainly keep you and Cohen in my prayers on the 6th.

Becca

Our Crazy Life said...

We will pray that everything will go well with Cohen's surgery.

Glad you are doing well with your pregnancy. Can't wait to hear more news!