Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Monday, October 01, 2007

I Love You Through & Through

We had a great weekend! We were able to meet Jackie and her daughter Jenna at the airport Friday night. Jenna was just as cute and smiley as I remembered her. Cohen and I can't wait for them to get settled in so we can have playdates.

Saturday Cohen and I had lunch with some friends and found a new favorite restaurant, The Cheddar Box. Their tomato-artichoke soup was absolutely delicious and I am going to see if I can make it at home.

Saturday night we got together with our friends Emily and Kenneth. Even though they live in our neighborhood we had not seen them since we came back from Guatemala, so we were long overdue for a night out with them. Kenneth is not the world's biggest fan of babies so we had a long talk with Cohen before dinner. :) Cohen was great though so I think Kenneth will agree to have dinner with us again soon.

Sunday was Cohen's Baby Dedication at church. It was so nice having our family there with us as we committed to raising Cohen in a Christian home. Cohen did a great job on stage -- Robby's beard seemed to keep him happy and quiet. I don't have any pictures to post now, but our friend Tom did get some great shots of the three of us together.

My friend Amanda gave Cohen the sweetest book and it has become one of his favorites.

I Love You Through & Through
By Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak

I love you through and through.

I love your top side.


I love your bottom side.


I love your inside


and outside.


I love your happy side,


your sad side,


your silly side,


your mad side.


I love your fingers


and toes,


your ears and nose.


I love your hair and eyes,


your giggles and cries.


I love you running and walking,


silent and talking.


I love you through and through...


yesterday, today, and tomorrow, too.


Edited to add: I just saw on the Love Without Boundaries site that Joey (see his picture on a previous entry) has been matched with family! This makes my heart so happy!

11 comments:

jajbs said...

I LOVE this post!!!!!!



Amanda

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

What a great post... It made my day! Thanks for sharing all the things you love about Cohen! Now I'm headed to amazon.com to buy that book!

Alleen said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That book is a favorite here too!

Katie said...

I love the book and LOVE the pictures of Cohen !!

Kim said...

I'm sure that the illustrations in the book aren't anywhere as good as the pictures in this post!!!

Kim Crouch said...

That book is one of Collier's favorite books as well! This is one of my favorite sites...this child puts a smile on my face every time I see a new picture of him. He is so precious!!!!

The Davis Family said...

Those pics are too sweet. I love this post and I am rushing out to buy the book right now.

Hollie said...

I absolutely love this post!! I haven't seen that book, but am definitely getting it for Spencer. Those pics are adorable!

Andrea said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!! Oh my goodness. Now you know I am going to have to get that book and put something together for K. like that. AWESOME.

Congrats on the dedication! We dedicate K. this weekend-I am SO excited about it.

Gail said...

The pictures of Cohen are so cute, all of them!!!
Gail

Lisa and Madeline said...

What an awesome post. How cool of you to think of that! He his such a doll. Congrats on Cohen's dedication to the church.

And congrats to Joey!