Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Friday, September 28, 2007

Cohen's Prom Date is Here!!!

I am so excited you would think sweet little Jenna was my own daughter! Let me explain: While Robby and I were in the paperchase phase of Cohen's adoption we met Jackie at the court house one day. She was just as frazzled as we were and I probably didn't even smile at her when we first met because we just found out that the clerk signed all of our documents incorrectly and we were going to have to redo them all and have them all notarized again. A big hassle!

But as we were waiting in the court house we started talking to Jackie and found out that we were using the same agency and both adopting from Guatemala. We swapped names and numbers and I put the post-it on my bulletin board at home with the dozen other names I had collected (seems like everyone knows someone with a child from Guatemala in our town) and didn't think much about it.

We called each other when we received those first precious pictures from our agency and it turns out that our children are only days apart. (I jokingly refer to baby Jenna as Cohen's prom date because they would be so cute stinkin' cute together!)Jackie has been such a great support for me on those days when I just needed to vent. She totally understood because she was in the same situation at the exact same time. We've oohed and aahed at baby pictures together, complained about the process on the phone, and prayed for our babies every step of the way.

Well, today baby Jenna is finally coming home! I just checked their flight status and they have arrived at their point of entry in the U.S. They have a three-hour layover and will finally be home at 11:00 tonight. When I asked Jackie if she wanted visitors at the airport she of course said for us not to worry about getting Cohen out that late. But I just can't wait! A friend of ours came to the airport and took so many pictures of that special time and I want to do the same for Jackie. So we are heading to the airport tonight and I am just ecstatic!

And on a completely different subject, I just found this cartoon on another blog I check and just couldn't resist posting it. Crack me up!

2 comments:

Gail said...

That is great news!! I love to hear when any child is coming home. It's also great to have so many other families with children from Guatemala in the same town.
Gail

Lisa and Madeline said...

Congrats Jenna on her coming home. That is so wonderful you had each other during the entire adoption process. You both were meant to meet.

Happy 11 months to Cohen today.