Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Monday, February 02, 2009

Getting back to normal...

Last week was a little bit crazy... we got lots of snow and ice and lost our power for several days! We tried to have fun the first night without power by cooking hot dogs on the fire and camping out in the family room to stay warm. But after that I was over it and ready to get our electricity back.

Cohen had fun playing in the snow. He thought it was hilarious to go down the slide and land in the snow. I think he's still talking about that!

And my little Leah... How is she already eight months old? She has two teeth on the bottom and I think she is working on some more. She has been drooling more and chewing on everything. Her latest trick is shaking her head to tease you. Tonight I asked her to give me a kiss and instead of her usual slobbery kiss on my cheek she just smiled and shook her head no.

And big news for Cohen... I never thought I would blog about this, but I can't help but be excited. Cohen went poo-poo on the potty tonight! After supper he snuck off to hide behind the couch. We have been talking about how when he thinks he need to go, to tell me and then we will run to the bathroom. (We've also been talking about how Mommy will take him to the store and let him pick out any choo-choo he wants when he goes poo-poo on the potty.) So anyway, when I asked him if he needed to go potty, he said yes and took off for the bathroom. I was feeding Leah so Robby went to help him. Robby left him on the potty for a minute to throw the old diaper away and when he got back Cohen said, "I went poo-poo on the potty, Daddy!" I guess he just needed a little privacy!




7 comments:

Krystal said...

That last picture is precious!! They are both getting so big - wow!

Way to go, Cohen! You are such a big boy :)

Anonymous said...

awwwwww how cute..privacy is all he needed!!! I WISH my addy cared about that and would just go already!!! LOL

Love he new pics!

cute!

Our Crazy Life said...

Yea Cohen! It's so exciting when they start potty training.

Kim said...

I'm glad your power came back on!! We only lost ours for about 10 hours so I'm very happy.

Yeah Cohen!!! I hope you pick out a really cool choo-choo!! (Alex has decided that he only wants to go in his diaper again....sigh....someday)

The Carrs said...

They are just too cute. Good for Cohen, seems like he'll be super easy to potty train. Bribery always works in my book.

Spears said...

yea, Cohen!!! Tell him we are very proud of him--he'll get a kick out of thinking Caleb is proud of him :) The pictures are too cute--I recognized the sweater in the last one :) Little Leah looks adorable in it, and I love that they are looking at each other.

Nikki said...

Aww, look at those big eyes, they are adorable!