Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Forever Day, Cohen!





Today we celebrated Cohen's Forever Day -- it has been one year since he came home to be with us forever! As I think back, there are so many important dates. November 7th was the day we got the call that Cohen was born and saw his face for the very first time. March 19th was the day we held him in our arms for the very first time. June 18th was one of the best days of my life -- I arrived in Guatemala to stay with him until we could bring him home AND found out that our case was out of PGN. But what an amazing day August 15th was -- we brought Cohen home for good!

We will always celebrate this day as his Forever Day. We brought back special gifts from Guatemala so that he can receive one every year. I thought it would also be fun to fix one of our favorite foods from Guatemala -- tamales. Earlier this week I went to Luis' Market to get everything I needed to make them. I walked in with a recipe I found online, but after talking with two of the girls that worked there, decided to throw my recipe away and go by their instructions. Sounded like a great plan until I started cooking tonight...I didn't exactly read their entire recipe until tonight and realized that I don't own the steamer I needed to make the tamales. So a quick change of plans and we still had a delicious Guatemalan meal -- chicken, black beans, rice, and guacamole. Cohen's favorite part? The cake for dessert of course!

Cohen didn't get ALL the attention today. Leah made sure today was a special day for her as well. She rolled over for the first time! Although she loves sleeping on her stomach, her pediatrician told me not to let her until she could get in that position on her own. So when I put her down for her morning nap, I made sure she was safely sleeping on her back. When I checked on her after my shower I found her sleeping happily on her stomach!

12 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Forever Family Day Cohen! I'm glad you left me a message. I think it's so neat you got Cohen gifts to have. I wish we could have done that, but honestly we got like 10 minutes to shop at the market in Antigua with our guide. i can't wait to go back so I can get more treasures for Kaya. Kaya also likes to sleep on her tummy I freaked the first time she rolled over as soon as I laid her down, but that is how she perfers although I put her down on her back. Have a great weekend.
Jill and Kaya!

Kim said...

Happy Forever Family Day!!! What a great day!! (and we did the same thing for Alex - got lots of little things for his forever family days)

candy said...

happy forever day! that's a great name for it -- we couldn't settle on what to call ours. i might have to steal it. i love that you got him gifts. you are so thoughtful! and yay leah kate rolling over! what a day.

Karen D. said...

Happy Forever Day!!!

I had forgotten that you guys came home the day after we did! We had a little party with some friends on Thursday night in honor of Abbie's Homecoming Day!

Leah is gorgeous and Cohen is as adorable as ever!

Love,
Karen and Abbie

Hunter said...

Happy Forever Family Day! Can you believe it's been a year already?? He is changing so much and as cute as ever!! Leah looks like a doll!

Taylor sends Cohen (and the rest of you) a big hug!!

Lots of hugs and love from all of us!

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

What a great day (and way) to celebrate! A year goes by so quickly...

I love a swaddled babe!

Anonymous said...

Happy Forever Day Cohen!! and Congratulations Leah for rolling over like a big girl :) Your kids are so cute Lori!! Hope all is well with all of you.

Our Crazy Life said...

Sounds like you had a very fun and memorable day! So happy for you all.

The Carrs said...

What a great idea, you are so thoughtful. Happy Forever Day Cohen!

Unknown said...

Happy Forever Day Cohen!!!! I can't believe you came home a year ago already- how does time fly by so fast?! We miss you guys and hope you had a wonderful day- all those trips to the market must seem so worth it now when you can watch Cohen open his gift from Guatemala, huh?! When you said Guatemalan food I immediately thought of banana bread- yummy! I can try, but I just know it will never taste that good! You all look so happy- congrats!
Megan, Aaron and Isa

Kristie said...

Lori, This is Kristie Hanke (speech therapist from First Steps). I haven't read your blog in a long time and for whatever reason I came upon it tonight. I had to sit and read all the way back to Dec of 2007. I am SOOO happy for you and your family. Cohen is so adorable and Leah is an angel. You are truely blessed!!!!

Robyn said...

What adorable pics!! Happy Forever Day!!

Robyn