Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Catching Up...

Seems like we have been running in a million different directions these past few weeks! With this being our first Thanksgiving with Cohen at home, we've had so much to be thankful for. Cohen absolutely loved Thanksgiving -- going from one house to the next eating delicious meals and playing with cousins -- what's not to love?

Yesterday was an exciting day for us -- Cohen took his first steps on his own! We were at my parent's house and my dad was playing with Cohen. Cohen stood on his own for a few seconds and the next thing we knew he was practically running in my direction! Won't be long until he is walking all over the place.


"I think I'll just help Mommy organize the diaper bag..."


Cohen & Daddy warming up for the Dash for Adoption


Cohen waiting for Nana & Granddad to come over


After waiting in the doctor's office for 45 minutes, I broke down and let Cohen play with the germ-infested toys. He loved giving the baby doll a bottle.


Playing with Drew and Nolan on Thanksgiving -- They all looked so sweet playing together I just had to take a picture.


Cohen met his Uncle Tommy who lives in New York for the first time on Thanksgiving. Cohen loved riding on Tommy's shoulders!


So many blessings this year... Cohen is going to be a big brother! Robby and I submitted our application for the El Salvador program on a Friday and the next Monday were surprised to find out that I was expecting! The agency we were planning on using requires that if you become pregnant you have to put your adoption plans on hold until the baby is six months old. We have had losses in the past, so we can't help but be a little nervous this time around, but the doctors are keeping a close watch on this pregnancy (and I am taking daily shots to ensure that my body is able to maintain this pregnancy) and right now we are just praying for a healthy baby.

We hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. We are so thankful for each one of you!

16 comments:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We'll be praying for you and your new little one. Cohen is such a cutie - he'll be a great big brother! Love to you 3...

Becca said...

Oh my goodness! Apparently pregnancy after adoption happens a lot! Is it contagious? Send me a glass you drank out of! I will be praying for you, your baby growing in your "belly", as well as the one growing in your heart in El Salvador!

Our Crazy Life said...

Congratulations to you! I am so excited for you both and will pray for you and your pregnancy. Cohen will be such a great big brother!

LouLou said...

Oh Lori!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I will be praying non-stop to you and that precious baby!!!! WOW!!!!!! Were you totally in shock??? Thanksgiving does have a whole new meaning!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations!! I've been checking your blog quite a bit, hoping everything was okay. It's MORE than okay! I will definitely keep you in my prayers for a healthy, full term pregnancy. GREAT news!! Cohen just gets cuter every day!!

Karen D. said...

Congratulations!!!! I will be praying for a healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy for you!!!

We all have soooo much to be thankful for this year!

Love,
Karen and Abbie

Kim said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! God's ways are just amazing. I'll be praying for this sweet baby!

Natalie said...

WOW!!!!! How exciting is that!!! I am so happy for you all! And of course, I will keep you in my prayers. Take it easy!

Lisa and Madeline said...

I have been praying for you and always thinking of you since the day I found out you were expecting. I am so happy for you and Robby and your growing family. Cohen will be a great big brother! He is as cute as ever!

Alleen said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! I wasn't sure I was seeing what I thought with the u/s pic.....

I will say extra prayers that it is all a smooth ride to the end. I know how hard a loss can be.

Michelle Melhorn said...

I kept checking to see how you were going to announce the news! Congratulations again and I'll continue praying for your family. If you ever need a juice box or granola bar in the middle of a church service, I'm your go-to-gal. Take care!!! Hope you're feeling okay!

jajbs said...

I, too, have been checking and am SO happy for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

amanda

Annie-Laurie said...

Lori, that is such a wonderful surprise. I am thinking about you and the baby.

Courtney said...

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to do the same shots....OUCH !!!! I hope everything goes well. I will be praying for you. Courtney

Sarah said...

Congratulations Lori!! WOW!! I don't know how I went a couple weeks without checking in on your blog! WHat incredibly exciting news! I know Cohen will make a great big brother!!

I will keep all of you in my prayers for an uneventful pregnancy and a healthy, happy baby!! Will you then apply to El Salvador after the baby arrives?

Sarah and Sophie

Katie said...

WOW .. congrats!!