Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Up on the Roof




Yesterday the weather was perfect, so Cohen and I spent some time on the roof of our apartment building. (Robby has been working from here, so he came up for some work breaks.) The view from the roof is just gorgeous! We can see three different volcanoes along with La Merced, which is a beautiful church. Cohen enjoyed splashing and kicking in his "swimming pool."

Today Robby went with another fostering dad on an adventure. They drove up a mountain and rode mountain bikes back to Antigua -- about an 18 mile trip. They said the views were amazing, but neither of them had a camera with them. :)

Cohen and I went with another mom to Cuidad Vieja, a nearby village, to help with a feeding program for children. We rode in a van, picking up kids along the way. I am sure we had over 20 kids, 5 adults, and three babies! The family we were working with cook a huge meal every Saturday for kids that would normally not have a meal that day. It was another lesson for me about how fortunate we really are and how much we take for granted.

News on our case... We were submitted to the Embassy for our pink slip last Thursday and hope to hear on Tuesday when our appointment will be. We will be going to the city on Monday to see Hunter, Terry, and Taylor. They are visiting for Taylor's first birthday. Please pray that they will get out of PGN soon along with all the others who are waiting.

10 comments:

Bekah said...

what an amazing view. we do take so much for granted. it just kills me that there are kids who don't have food to eat at every meal. cohen is so precious!

Patti said...

I know it's only been 3 days, but I sure miss you all! I miss Antigua too. Cohen's new pictures are as adorable as ever! I can imagine how much he enjoyed splashing in his little pool on the roof. Bring him home soon so we can all swim together.

Alleen said...

Gorgeous view!!

Love him splashing in his "pool"!

Can't wait to hear that you're PINK! It's getting so close now.

Natalie said...

I have to admit...I'm definitely jealous of all the wonderful things you are experiencing down there :) Just amazing!

Our Crazy Life said...

Can't wait to hear the news on Tuesday!

The Davis Family said...

Happy 9 months to Cohen today!!! I can't wait to hear that you are pink (as I am catching on this is a GOOD thing). He is totally getting cuter by the day. It is still so surreal to me that he is going to be home with you soon. I can't wait to love on him. Also, Owen had another Robby breakdown last night while we were looking at the blog. I am not so sure where he got this obsession with "Wobby" but he really is dying to see you guys.

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

The rooftop pool party looks like tons of fun! Praying for you 3!

Beverly said...

I know it has taken me a lo-ong time to start posting but was writing to Patti until she went home. Mike and I love following your blog every day. We are praying for your trip home to be very soon. Cohen is such a doll. I know his Nana is missing him.

Lisa and Madeline said...

Cohen sure does look like he loves the water! Im so glad your time to come home is so near. I can't wait till you see pink....Enjoy the sights while your there before coming back to our crazy city life:)

LouLou said...

Lori,
You guys just look so happy! I know you are ready to come home....we were too, but Nat and I actually miss those days at the Marriott. Just the quiet and being able to focus on NOTHING except the baby. We've looked to see if we could afford to LIVE at a Marriott HERE! LOL.