Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz19uXBvGjd

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Our Furniture Adventure

Where do I begin with the story of Cohen's furniture? About a month ago we ordered the furniture for Cohen's room. We went back and forth between two different stains for the wood, but Robby gave in and we went with my first choice. Well... when the furniture finally came in I hated it. I tried really hard to like it as we assembled it, but it did not look anything like the sample they showed us in the store. We looked on the receipt, which said: "All furniture sales are final." I begged Robby to call the store and see if they could do anything, but he smiled and reminded me that he didn't choose the stain, I did. I called the store and they were extremely nice. They said that if we were not happy with the furniture we could bring it back and find something we liked better. So, we were hoping to post pictures of Cohen's room this weekend, but we will have to wait until our second order comes in.

By the way, the furniture we ordered today is completely different than our first order. Hope it turns out just the way we are imagining it -- don't think they will be as understanding with us the second time around. :)

To see Cohen's furniture, click here.

6 comments:

Our Crazy Life said...

Somehow it's just so hard to tell how something's going to look from those little samples. When we first painted Carter's room we were going to do two tone blue stripes. Well, after we did a couple of the stripes it looked like a freaking circus tent! It was horrid! Sometimes you just have to scrap Plan A and start over.

Cohen's Nana said...

I think that we have all made the same mistake some time or another. It is so hard to tell what something will look like from the tiny samples you have to choose from. I'm sure Cohen will like whatever you decide on!

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Just wait until you get the furniture put together and in the room! "We" (ahem, Kevin) must have moved the furniture back and forth and all around 10 times! I'd look at one arrangement for a day or so and then have him move it again. Ah, those were good times!

Kim said...

I like the furniture!! How exciting. I hope you get news about FC soon!

Alleen said...

Love the furniture! My problem was realizing that once the furniture was in the room, it was, ahem, a little big! Not much room at all and had to get creative on placement. Guess I shouldn't have bought that big armoire and the dresser!

Crystal said...

Okay can I tell you how many times I have done this with furniture in our house!!!! I am so serious!!!! I feel your pain!!!! We built a house last year and I even did it with our cabinets in our kitchen!!! It is just hard to tell sometimes!!!! I can't wait to see photos!!!!